I spent monday fleshing out the idea and taking pictures so that i had nice reference photos with lots of contrast. Ill try to put in the thumbnail later but im not sure how to at the moment.
On wednesday i gridded it out and sketch everything. I accidentally drew everything a line down, so the piece is centered lower that i originally planned, but it should be fine, its not that much of a problem and i had already finished most of it when i noticed so it wasn't worth erasing everything and redrawing it. I am happy with the direction it is going and excited that i am finally using this canvas. I got it a year ago(i think) and i have never gotten the chance to use it. I am excited for how it will turn out although i will need to do some shroom studies because the reference pictures i have of the mushrooms don't have anywhere close to the right lighting so i am going to have to play around with that. And the bark too. I am excited for how this will turn out-- the shadows are really weird so they are going to be fun to work out. :))